NSCA CSCS and NSCA-CPT Exam Preparation Symposium
The NSCA offers Exam Prep Symposia (EPS) for individuals preparing for the Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) and NSCA-CPT exams. EPS are offered with a 1-day or 2-day options with a blend of classroom lecture and hands-on training. Please select "EPS Itinerary" at the top of the page to view a sample itinerary.
Increase Your Likelihood of Success
The passing rate for the NSCA-Certified Personal Trainer (NSCA-CPT) exam is 58% and the Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) is 63%. The NSCA Exam Prep Symposium (EPS) is designed to help individuals understand the most relevant content as it pertains to these exams. Your time is valuable; spend it efficiently by focusing your studies on the most relevant content!
The NSCA Exam Preparation Symposium provides:
NOTICE: It is important to understand that this symposium, by itself, is not intended to fully prepare candidates for the NSCA examination. Candidates who are more prepared (have read the Essentials textbook) will have a better experience and increase their chances of conceptually understanding each lecture. Attending a symposium is not required to take the examination.
- An overview of the content and concepts emphasized on the exam
- Access to the NSCA’s leading education professionals
- 1- and 2-day options
- Key test-taking strategies
- The NSCA Exam Prep Slides book (NSCA EPS exclusive, not available for retail sale)
Can't Wait? Accept the challenge and stay ahead of your competition!
Get started today by taking advantage of the following exam preparation resources:
CSCS Study Material
CSCS Exam Content Description
NSCA-CPT Study Material
NSCA-CPT Exam Content Description
Future Exam Prep Symposia
Use the tabs on the left to view a sample symposia itinerary.
All NSCA Conferences and Events are subject to change location and date; as well as possible cancellation without notice.
Colleges and other fitness education providers can apply to host an NSCA Exam Prep Symposium at their location. EPS hosts receive the Exam Prep Symposium PowerPoint slides, NSCA marketing assistance, attendee workbooks, and more. Registration is handled by the NSCA and revenue is split between the host and the NSCA.
Host applications are evaluated based on the following recommended qualifications:
- Combination of certification, education, experience.
- Requested date, location, and availability of NSCA representative. First-time hosts must present with an NSCA representative. Based on an evaluation from the NSCA representative, the host may receive “approved NSCA EPS provider status;” allowing the host to offer the EPS multiple times per year without an NSCA representative present.
- Access to strength equipment and hands-on training space at the host site. This includes barbells, squat racks, dumbbells, and stability balls.
- Availability of projection and A/V equipment at the host site
- Download and submit the EPS Host Application
- If approved, the applicant will receive a contract and presenter application(s)
- Applications to host must be received by the NSCA a minimum of 3 months before the event date.
- A minimum of 20 registered participants must be reached by 3 weeks from the EPS in order to host the event. Maximum numbers depend on facility capacity.